Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Harvest Snapshot: June 26th



The first of the red kuri squashes are in. They could have waited a bit longer, as the stems were not fully brown, but had gotten tough. In general, wait until you can't break the skin of the squash itself trivially with a fingernail. I wanted to harvest these two a little bit early to encourage the plant to set more fruit. Otherwise it might give up and just ripen the other 2 or 3 on the vines, having made seeds already.

The tray is approximately 14x20 inches. Yes, I blinked-- the HUUUGE zucchini in the back was one I ignored a few days ago because it was 'too small yet'. You can see that this time I even picked the 'too small' ones. Fortunately, my husband's manager (and co-workers) haven't been overloaded with garden produce yet.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home