Thursday, July 05, 2007

Harvest Snapshot: July 5th




A slow day in the garden, but we didn't need any fireworks there. Some tomatoes put in an appearance, with the ubiquitous zucchini. Can you believe I planted two? If only it was cool enough after 8am to fire up the oven for zucchini bread; by the end of the day, the house is still in the mid-70's, and doesn't truly cool down until the wee hours of morning. Someday I'll get a convection oven, which cooks quickly and cools down quickly. Ah well.





The first peppers of the season, a pair of sweet bananas. Most of my pepper plants are still small and scraggly. I'm not sure what's up, but I seem to recall that last year they didn't really get going until the hot dog days of late July and early August. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home